A reminder that the call for papers closes next month.
The conference has a ‘whole of community’ approach to supporting people leaving prison. We encourage submissions from a broad range of individuals and organisations, including those with lived experience of prison.
Sessions will include paper presentations (15 or 30 minutes), panels and workshops.
The key themes for the conference are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander led responses
- Strategies for exploration of identity
- Impact of Aboriginality on the experience of leaving prison
- The experience of leaving prison for women
- Reintegration issues for young people
- Lived experience
- Peer mentoring and the role peers can play in building new identity
- Supporting families and communities
- Holistic service provision
- Innovative Practice and Demonstration Projects
Submitted abstracts should be no longer than 250 words.
Oral presentations will be 15 or 30 minute (including 5 minutes question time).
More details (including guidelines for abstract submissions) are available on the conference website.
The link to the template to submit your abstract is here.
Our latest conference bulletin is available here